Please circulate to anyone you know in the Edmonton area who might be interested in this upcoming gathering.
You are invited to join the first meeting of the Canadian Council of the Blind Get Together with Technology Group (GTT) In Edmonton. Attached is a poster with details. The text of the poster is also pasted below in this email. Feel free to invite others who may be interested. We look forward to seeing you May 11. Meeting Details follow….
Get Together With Technology (GTT)
Sponsored by the Canadian Council of the Blind
GTT is coming to Edmonton! Blind and low vision GTT participants meet monthly to share their experiences using assistive technologies in their everyday lives at school, work, or at home.
Agenda for the First Edmonton GTT Meeting:
Location: Ascension Lutheran Church 8405 – 83 Street NW, Edmonton
Time: Monday May 11, 7pm to 9pm
Theme: Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod – can low vision people benefit from these amazing touch screen devices?
• How to use the touch screen to read information and navigate apps.
• Basic tasks such as making phone calls, texting, emailing
• Learn how to type on the screen or issue voice commands.
• Useful apps, accessories, and resources for blind and partially sighted.
Who Should Attend?
• Any blind or low vision person, regardless of age, who is interested in learning about the features built-in to Apple iPhone, iPod, or IPad.
• Existing users of Apple devices who have questions or want to share your experience.
• Anyone interested in contributing to the future of the Edmonton GTT group by sharing ideas for future meetings.
For more information contact:
GTT.Edmonton@gmail.com or call 780-465-702